- This is "My Big Bach Blog" because I will be exploring, one at a time and in order, each of the thirty-six movements of the 6 Suites for Solo Violoncello by Johann Sebastian Bach. The world doesn't need this…but I do. I'm a professional cellist who has played the Suites many, many times, but I expect to experience this iconic music in a new way by going through it systematically and with a fresh perspective. I get a lot of pleasure and inspiration from house concerts -- informal performances in intimate settings for interested -- and interesting! -- people, so that's the spirit in which I'm going to approach each installment. I welcome questions and comments!
- Yes. It’s a complex issue of the greatest importance and will need bold, imaginative political solutions, so I want… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- I would normally eschew such exhibitionism, but this work moved me almost instantly to tears (hence the red nose).… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- LA peeps — This exhibit is a must-see! Gorgeous art with a powerful context. @TheBroad https://t.co/nLQxVAtFOJ 18 hours ago
- RT @Peter_Grindrod: This is a whopper of an impact, as new craters go - diameter is 16 m. Still not much topography to see in the DTM I mad… 23 hours ago
- RT @Peter_Grindrod: KABOOM! Before and after images of a meteorite forming a brand new impact crater on Mars. Sometime between 18 Feb 2017… 23 hours ago