- This is "My Big Bach Blog" because I will be exploring, one at a time and in order, each of the thirty-six movements of the 6 Suites for Solo Violoncello by Johann Sebastian Bach. The world doesn't need this…but I do. I'm a professional cellist who has played the Suites many, many times, but I expect to experience this iconic music in a new way by going through it systematically and with a fresh perspective. I get a lot of pleasure and inspiration from house concerts -- informal performances in intimate settings for interested -- and interesting! -- people, so that's the spirit in which I'm going to approach each installment. I welcome questions and comments!
- My answer to What is more proper notation in piano sheet music to denote that the left hand should be louder? quora.com/What-is-more-p… 1 day ago
- tmblr.co/ZT3att2lQWRdf 6 days ago
- They’re still here - I started this blog to write about things that were on my mind but that didn’t have to do with… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- All! twitter.com/elainebrandon/… 1 week ago
- RT @nkjemisin: Fascist projection. He represents an attempt at organized destruction of traditional secular values like the Golden rule, hu… 1 week ago